Website International Project
International Project exists to initiate church-planting movements through unreached people groups living outside their homelands.
Title: Operations Manager
Position: Full time, Salaried
Location: New York City, NY
Professional Relationships: The Operations Manager will serve under the Chief Operating Officer.
Summary: At International Project, our organizational success depends on the efficiency of our organizational processes. To help maintain and improve our efficiency, we are seeking an experienced operations manager to oversee daily activities. We are looking for a candidate with a passion for missions, as well as a sharp business mind and proven success managing multiple departments toward maximum productivity. An ideal candidate would also be highly skilled in human resources, finance, and IT management. The ultimate responsibility of this position is to increase our operational efficiency in accomplishing our mission.
Objectives of This Role:
- Maintain constant communication with management, staff, and vendors to ensure proper operations of the organization.
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance protocols.
- Grow the efficiency of existing organizational processes and procedures to enhance and sustain the organization’s internal capacity.
- Actively pursue strategic and operational objectives.
- Ensure operational activities remain on time and within a defined budget.
- Track staffing requirements, hiring new employees as needed.
- Oversee bookkeeper and ensure proper protocol is followed.
- Manage all grants and participate in grant applications and reporting.
- Coordinate with treasurer for periodic review of books and any other audits or financial reports that are required.
- Manage payroll and proper payment and filings of taxes and other liabilities.
- Creating and maintaining department and overall budget process for the organization each year.
- Oversee HR manager and ensure proper protocol is followed.
- Maintain all employee and partner files, in accordance with all applicable laws and best practices.
- Ensure International Project policies and procedures for employees, team members, partners, and volunteers follows proper protocol and best practices.
- Prepare all position descriptions and provide to communications and mobilization departments for advertising.
- Cultivate an encouraging culture by developing relationships of trust with missionaries.
- Provide care and/or referrals to qualified member care services to the IP staff.
- Manage all pre-field coaching and processes after acceptance.
- Design and implement a support raising coaching program.
- Produce reports and briefs when needed regarding team.
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance, human resources, communications, IT; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Implement effective systems to track progress, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, donors, and other constituents.
- Develop a yearly operational plan for approval by the Board.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Manage IT strategies, needs, and contract with outside workers when necessary.
- Produce reports, presentations, and briefs for all areas of the organization.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to think strategically and lead others with vision and diplomacy.
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management, business administration, or related field, preferred.
- 2+ years’ proven experience in an operations management position.
- Strong budget development and oversight skills.
- Experience in conflict management and business negotiation processes.
- Knowledge of general business software and aptitude to learn new applications; proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Church or missions experience, preferred.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to manage operational budgets.
- Experience in financial and accounting reporting.
- Must Uphold a close and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Must agree with International Project’s Philosophy of Ministry.
Want To Learn More About International Project
Visit our About Page
Watch some videos about International Project’s work, stories from missionaries and other workers, and other missionary-related videos
Read some blog posts from our missionaries in the field and the experiences they have in their everyday lives. They cover tons of different situations and topics
To apply for this job please visit internationalproject.org.