We are looking for 8 individuals ready for challenge, adventure, and growth to join us this summer!
Here’s what to expect from our church-planting internship in NYC:
1. Evangelism & Church Planting
- Engaging strangers with the Gospel and other direct forms of evangelism. (This is a key element of the internship.)
- Learn new ministry methods taught by trainers and coaches.
- Participate in accountability for evangelism and ministry activities.
- Desire to serve the ministry and the long-term missionaries.
- Service may include up to 25 hours each week doing activities within IP including assisting implementation of Seed Weeks (one-week mission trips), among other possibilities.
3. Prayer & Fasting
- Attending 2-3 early corporate prayer meetings each week (7am-9am).
- Learning about fasting and taking part in a short fast if able.
- Participating in weekly prayer walks around neighborhoods.
What kind of people thrive in our Summer Internship? We are looking for interns with:
Passion to know Christ more deeply – Willingness to focus on Christ by engaging in spiritual disciplines
A teachable spirit – Willingness to implement trainings or methods that may be new, seem strange, or push someone outside their comfort zone
A servant’s heart – Willingness to maintain a positive and joyful spirit in all acts of service
Humility – Willingness to be sweetly broken by the recognition of sin, to experience the great joy of God’s grace given through the cross of Christ, and to serve alongside the International Project’s missionaries and interns with humility
Perseverance – Willingness to endure difficult situations without giving up
Application Deadline: March 1, 2023
Internship Dates: May 30-July 25, 2023