We're Hiring an Operations Manager
At International Project our organizational success depends on the efficiency of our organizational processes. To help maintain and improve our efficiency, we’re seeking an experienced Operations Manager to oversee daily activities. We are looking for a candidate with a passion for missions as well as a sharp business mind and proven success managing multiple departments toward maximum productivity. An ideal candidate would also be highly skilled in human resources, finance, and IT management. The ultimate responsibility of this position is to increase our operational efficiency in accomplishing our mission.
About the Position
Position: Full time/ Salaried
Location: New York City, NY (Must be in the office, no work from home option)
Professional Relationships: The Operations Manager will serve under the Chief Operating Officer.
Objectives of this Role
- Maintain clear communication with management, staff, and vendors to ensure proper understanding and alignment of organizations goals.
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance protocols to ensure that the highest standards are kept.
- Grow the efficiency of existing organizational processes and procedures to optimize the organization’s internal capacity.
- Actively pursue strategic plans to meet operational objectives
- Ensure operational activities remain on time and within a defined budget to responsibly meet organization’s goals.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
Note: While the Operations Manager position will not include all of the following tasks, the position may include any of the following tasks directed by the COO.
- Create and maintain the department and overall budget process for the organization each year.
- Manage payroll and proper payment, filings of taxes and other liabilities
- Collaborate with Development Manager in grant applications and reporting
- Maintain all employee and partner files, in accordance with all applicable laws and best practices
- Ensure International Project policies and procedures for employees, team members, partners and volunteers follows proper protocol and best practices
- Prepare all position descriptions and provide to communications and mobilization departments for advertising
- Cultivate an encouraging culture by developing relationships of trust with missionaries
- Provide care and/or referrals to qualified member care services to the IP staff
- Manage all pre-field coaching and processes after acceptance
- Manage support raising coaching program
- Produce reports and briefs when needed regarding team
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, consistent quality of finance, human resources, communications and IT; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals
- Implement effective systems to track progress, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, donors and other constituents
- Develop a yearly operational plan for approval by the Board
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications with the goal of creating a stronger brand
- Manage IT strategies, needs and contract with outside workers when necessary
- Produce reports, presentations and briefs for all areas of the organization
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to think strategically and lead other leaders with vision and diplomacy
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management, business administration, or related field, preferred
- 2+ years’ proven experience in an operations management position
- Strong budget development and oversight skills
- Experience in conflict management and business negotiation processes
- Knowledge of general business software and aptitude to learn new applications; proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Church or missions experience, preferred
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to manage operational budgets
- Experience in financial and accounting reporting
- Uphold a close and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Must agree with International Project’s Philosophy of Ministry and Statement of Faith